Born in Cleveland and raised as an only child, much of my time was spent creating imaginary worlds of colors, words, and characters that replaced the presence of sibling. Therefore, I am connected to my work as if nourished creatively through a socially sensitive umbilical cord. It's the lens through which I invite the viewer to see beneath the common perceptions of everyday things and events. My process of bringing ideas into fruition is multifaceted in that inspiration for my paintings is never forced and is usually comprised of actual objects that may or may not be directly associated with the developing theme. My work is typically motivated by social observation and it's emotional and physical outcomes in general. It also serves as a sounding board and punching bag for the affects of my “unique mental processing ability."
  The influence of this uniqueness is often represented by lucid flows of geometric constructs, text, and color splashes resulting in art that reflects the intensity of core feelings both good and otherwise. Because I holdmyself to no rules when painting, my instruments usually become anything within reach. Although much of my canvas work can be categorized as "painting," it sometimes calls for a mixed medium of acrylic paint, enamel aerosol, masking tape, pencil, and media clippings.  This same enrichment that influences my paintings, also carries over
into my illustration and graphic work.
  Formally trained as a product and graphic designer, I took to painting as an exercise in unrestricted sometimes spontaneous expression. Granted, this is in direct contradiction to the rigid confines of applied art.  Not until recently, have I revealed these painted visual biographies publicly. Now, I use my fine art as an unspoken language for my audiences to decipher and enjoy.

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

                     
        
  
   

ww

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic